SOUTH PORTLAND SCHOOL DEPARTMENT

SECONDARY SCHOOLS FACILITIES COMMITTEE

June 21, 2007

MEETING NOTES

These notes were prepared by Polly Ward to the best of her understanding. If you find any inaccuracies, please contact the Superintendent of Schools Office at 871-0555 within one week after receiving the notes.

Present: Jake Viola, Eric Potvin, Scott Pakulski, Megan Welter, Suzanne Godin, Ralph Cabana, Ralph Baxter, Sr., Dave Brochu, Ellen Brasier, Steve Bailey, Carrie Hall-Indorf, Kathy Germani, Wendy Houlihan, Jeanne Crocker and Polly Ward

1. Welcome – review of agenda

2. Approval of minutes from June 7, 2007

  • Approved

3. Updates from Scott and Dan

  • Harriman working on the marketing graphics
  • i. Review of informational boards – approval sought for web posting
  • The committee reviewed panels developed by Harriman for display on the website
  • Suggestion to show how the funding works out over the phasing
  • Agreement that the panels should be posted to the web site
  • Ask Andy to see if there is a way to track the number of times the site has been visited.
  • ii. “Tour” of 3D model
  • Question about a spot for pole vaulting and discus.
  • Harriman will work on the 3D tour and distribute it for comment between now and the next meeting.

4. Timeline update – next steps

  • Wendy provided a written update that was sent home during the last week of school and posted on the website
  • Carrie brought a list of possible Community groups to contact.
    • Suggestion that the Superintendent’s Office make email contact with those that have email to offer to present at their convenience.
  • Video Tour well underway – need to have some additional parts that address the areas requiring technical expertise. Steve and Scott or Dan will coordinate these updates.
  • Wendy provided copies of some bullets developed by Harriman on why the work is needed to use as the start of a script for meeting presentations.
  • Dave said that using the VFA data we have completely developed – can generate data on the maintenance costs based on the VFA data. Scott will work with Dave on this.
  • Meeting with Dana Anderson, Jim Gailey, Suzanne and Wendy.
    • Dana encouraged us to work with City staff, particularly Pat Cloutier relative to the water issues
    • Jim Gailey said he is hearing concerns about the new gym and the cost of the project.
  • Informational brochure – ask Dan to have something ready for response at the July 19 th meeting.
  • Major focus for July – preparation of materials

5. Other

Next meeting: July 19, 2007 – 6.30 SPHS library