|SOUTH PORTLAND SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
SECONDARY SCHOOLS FACILITIES COMMITTEE
Thursday October 25, 2007
These notes were prepared by Polly Ward to the best of her understanding. If you find any inaccuracies, please contact the Superintendent of Schools Office at 871-0555 within one week after receiving the notes.
Present: Jeanne Crocker, Steve Bailey, Scott Pakulski, Jake Viola, Ellen Benson, Suzanne Godin, Ralph Baxter, Dave Brochu, Carrie Hall-Indorf, Coral Sandler, Randy Martin, Ralph Baxter, Jr., and Polly Ward.
1. Welcome – review of agenda
2. Approval of minutes from October 11, 2007
3. Updates: informational brochures (inserts, locations, neighborhood deliveries), tours, presentations, and displays.
- Totes – get out to vote
- Middle /High/ Elementary School announcements
- Student Meeting – Jake and Coral
- Coral and her friends will help Molly distribute the Small School area brochures
- Suzanne will do a memo to music folks offering a meeting with Suzanne, Dan/Scott
- Brown, Dyer and most of Kaler has been done
- Ralph has signs that people can put on their lawns
4. Community Forums
- Tape of the first forum still needs some revision
- Another video done by George Murray, Scott Pakulski and Steve Bailey is running on Channel 3
- A question has arisen about how much of the additional square footage is being driven by the fact that this is in part a renovation – Scott and Dan provided good answers to this.
- Suggestion that we say what the planned size is and how this tracks with Planning Decisions enrollment projections – only 1800 square feet over the total number needed based on the space allocation workbook used to determine needs.
- List of day care providers – send to Susan Adams
- Will tape Monday night Community Forum
- Key Points
- Square Footage
5. On-going communications
6. PAC update?
- PAC is putting together a Press Opportunity on 11/1/08 at 1.30 if it’s okay
- Day care lists to Susan Adams to provide PAC/Brochures
7. Timeline update – next steps/last push
- Voter registration was done at the High School last week
- In the afternoon of Election Day might be a good idea if students could be out near the “Vote Yes” signs
** Next meeting: November 8, 2007 SPHS Library – Celebration